The Little Red Hen
This week its the Little Red Hen, who is baking a loaf of bread with no help from her farmyard friends. Here are a few ideas to link to this week’s story:
Art, crafts and play:
* We will probably use this as an excuse to plant a few more seeds!
* And maybe I’ll see if we can hang a bit of a baking activity on the story too!
* Plus maybe a few farmyard crafts – here’s one of those incredible blog posts with a slightly overwhelming 45 different activities to try linked to the farm – https://www.howweelearn.com/45-preschool-farm-theme-activities/
* Here are some songs and rhymes from BBC learning to go with this story – https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/school-radio/eyfs-listen-and-play-the-little-red-hen/zfptqp3
* Bert and Ernie tell the the story (9 minutes long) – it’s a YouTube video but audio only – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRenZmDGad8
* Aah Cosmic Yoga ‘for little ones’ has a farm based yoga story adventure:
* Here’s a story book reading of the tale – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLzna0Hrsco (8 minutes)
* Bit surrealist – this video shows dogs making homemade bread on Sesame Street (2 minutes) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgQNx_aRZgk
* On a chicken theme – this is the Sesame Street safety chickens… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH0l70BGVes
* Numberblocks – chicken house song – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ8uwZQiSYk (2 minutes)