How the Animals got their Tails
Have you ever wondered how the animals got their tails? And why the guinea pig hasn’t got one…?
- Can you make tails for any of your soft toys which don’t have one?
- Have a go at your own version of “pin the tail on the donkey” – draw your animal and do some blindfolded ‘drawing’ on a tail….
Arts and crafts:
- Tail making! Can you make yourselves tails using whatever you have at home?
- You could make yourself a pet guinea pig…
This week we’re recommending some fantastic music classes from Mimi’s Maestro’s – https://bookwhen.com/mimismaestros – we’re not affiliated in anyway, but we love her sessions and think you will too!
- Here are some silly cute guinea pigs – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnvspIiUp0I (5 minutes)
- Here’s a slightly more scientific (kid aimed) answer to the question of why animals have tails: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EK69vhhdqU (c. 3 minutes)
- Silly song ‘whose tail is it’ – c. 1.5 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV3X26zXJNE
- ‘Animals with tails’ feels like an easy win of a reading basket for a bit of post-lunch reading!
– You can hop like the rabbit, scuttle like a guinea pig and see what else you can muster up in an animal/cardio circuit workout!
- You could shake your tails and do some dancing along to your favourite tunes too.
Educational (probably best for slightly older kids):
- Search for ‘guinea pig’ on twinkl and you’ll find some reading comprehension on guinea pig care, fact files and some guinea pig themed subtraction resources…